What the job entails
- Assist directors and the BD department in deal origination
- Lead the transaction team to independently complete the full deal execution process (pitching, marketing, negotiation, management presentation, closing, etc.)
- Lead commercial due diligence and facilitate financial and legal due diligence.
- Conduct business and financial analysis on target industry segment and companies
- Lead the team to prepare internal and external deal-related materials and research (teaser, pitchbook, IM, etc.).
- Lead client meetings and pitches; and provide strategic advice and proposals
- Work with Oaklins’ global firms on both buy-side and sell-side deals.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Finance, Economics or related field from top universities; MBA preferred
- 6+ years (Master’s degree) or 8+ years (Bachelor’s degree) experience in mergers & acquisitions, investment banking, consulting, private equity, corporate venture, or strategy development
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills in both English and Mandarin
- Proven team player and a self-motivator with excellent leadership skills, interpersonal skills, and a talent for interacting with and attending to our clients
- Strategic thinking, strong analytical skill
- Able to perform in a fast-paced M&A environment
- Sound financial knowledge and technical skills (balance sheet, income statement, business plan, financial analysis and modelling)
- Particular expertise and major project experience on one or more industries is a plus.
Who we are
Oaklins is a group of 850+ committed M&A and financial advisory professionals in over 45 countries, passionately sharing ideas to learn more from each other to deliver better results for our clients. Together, we help ambitious entrepreneurs and evolving companies reach their full potential.
A day at Oaklins
In our offices, independent thinking, agile collaboration and a burning passion for the work overrules hierarchical structures. You’ll be working alongside experienced advisors carrying hundreds of transactions under their belts, and together you’ll explore creative solutions to complex problems. Backed by senior-level mentoring, you’ll be challenged to develop your knowledge and confidence to reach further in your career.
Apply for the position
If you believe you can do extraordinary work helping talented entrepreneurs and global organizations grow beyond their imagination, we want to hear from you. Please submit your full application documentation.Submit application