Case Study

Grindrod Asset Management has acquired and merged with Plexus Asset Management

Grindrod Asset Management (Grindrod), a subsidiary of Grindrod, the integrated logistics, trading and financial services company and an associate of Oaklins' team in South Africa, has acquired a majority shareholding in Plexus Asset Management (Plexus) for US$6.5 million. Grindrod Asset Management and Plexus Asset Management agreed to merge their respective assets management businesses.

Grindrod Asset Management is a subsidiary of Grindrod, the integrated logistics, trading and financial services company and an associate of Grindrod Bank Limited.

Plexus is an independent investment house that specializes in the investment management of a range of unique investment solutions for both corporate and individual clients.

The two entities were of similar size in terms of assets under management. In order to retain and motivate the existing management of Plexus, the transaction was structured so that Grindrod would own 75% of the merged entity after the transaction and the management of Plexus the remaining 25%.

Oaklins' team in South Africa provided advisory services regarding this transaction including valuation and due diligence advice.

Tombstone image for Grindrod Asset Management has acquired and merged with Plexus Asset Management

KEY DEAL CONTACTS

Yaron Zimbler

South Africa

Director

VIEW PROFILE