Continued high levels of business sales in Denmark, and Europe ends the year with a record quarter

Resumé

In Denmark, the fourth quarter of the year indicates a continued high level of activity in Danish business sales on top of the record high Q4 in 2018. At the same time, Q4 shows that Danish companies' appetite for international acquisitions remain high, though not as high as we saw it in 2018. The overall Danish activity level remains healthy, and the year as a whole ends up as the second best ever measured in the total number of transactions. The strategic buyers of Danish companies account for 70% for an increasing share of the acquisitions, while the remaining 30% have financial buyers.

Looking at the European M&A market overall, the level of activity in Q4 is historically high, as no quarter has exceeded the number of transactions in the last ten years. Also, 2019 as a whole ends up being the second best ever measured in total transactions.

We saw in 2019 that strategic buyers completed an increasing share of transactions, and the year became the second most active for corporate transactions ever - surpassed only by the record year 2018. Pricing for private companies remains at an attractive and stable level and interest in attractive companies remains strong from both strategic and financial buyers worldwide. DANIEL SAND – MANAGING PARTNER, OAKLINS DENMARK

Download the rapport

Read more – download the rapport as PDF.

Daniel sand
Daniel Sand Copenhagen, Denmark
Managing Partner
View profile
Morten  til pr.co
Morten Gerner Copenhagen, Denmark
Analyst
View profile

About Oaklins

Oaklins is the world’s most experienced mid-market M&A advisor, with over 850 professionals globally and dedicated industry teams in more than 45 countries. We have closed 1,700 transactions in the past five years.

Never miss an update

Never miss out on our news & updates. Get notified when we publish news.

Subscribe to news

Related Company news articles